The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with services from Service Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by never2far, Mar 27, 2012.

1. never2far

never2far Active Member

Hello,

The problem: I must ensure that some services will not start or be restarted by cPanel until I decide to start them. So from what i have tested the there is only one solution:

- untick both columns (from the Service Manager) from the line of service I want to be stopped.

How can i stop and disable services from SSH and not get re-enabled by cPanel on first Service Manager save ?

So far i have tried the following (I'll use as an example named):

1. Edited /etc/chkserv.d/chkservd.conf and removed named from list and then restarted cpanel(also tried with /scripts/restartsrv_chkserv) . But after logging in WHM -> Service Manager the service still is ticked as enabled.

2. Edited /etc/chkserv.d/chkservd.conf and added named:0 then restarted cpanel but again it will if I will go to Service Manager -> save ...my configs will be overwritten by cPanel. From my tests the way how cPanel remove a service from the list of enabled services is by adding named:0 in chkservd.conf. But I can't reproduce the same using ssh.

3. Removed service using chkconfig --del named but again ...after restarting cPanel and saving from Service Manager any change will be set to how it is in service manger.

Any help will be awesome. Thank you