The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with setting up a mailing list, please!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by raller, Jul 18, 2007.

1. raller

raller Registered

Hi,

I am trying to setup a mailing list on one of my accounts.I need the email address to be able to send to about 180 people with an attached coupon to all the emails. How do i go about adding all the emails so that not all the recipients can see each others email address? If it could read something like "Member List" in the "To" field that would be great.

I think i may have to create and external email file which has all the emails in it then reference that file, but not sure how to do this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Use Mailman to create and configure a mailing list. If you do not have Mailman or Mailing Lists as an available option in your Cpanel interface, you should talk with your web/email host and ask them if that option is available.

Bonafide mailing list software will always hide the recipients. And I think there is even a setting that will cause the TO: address to be populated with the list email address instead of the recipient's email address. In either case, using Mailman will allow you to have a list and at the same time it will block other recipients from seeing all of the recipients to the list.

Mike

3. raller

raller Registered

Thanks,i will try that.