The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with setting up Unusual Domain DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by waffell, Jul 22, 2003.

1. waffell

waffell Registered

Greetings,

I have an interesting problem. Essentially I have a domain on my main server (domain.com), and I want a subdomain to point to another server where I host my Window's H-sphere (windows.domain.com). Of course I could just change the A record in the DNS, but what I want is to allow H-sphere to set up its own subdomains of this subdomain (e.g. cp.windows.domain.com, ftp.windows.domain.com etc etc..)

What is the best (easiest) way to give HSphere control of this domain to create the sub sub domains. I have tried setting up a sub domain (windows.domain.com) DNS and pointing the A record as mentioned above but it does not appear to allow it to create the sub sub domains. Will I need to create DNS zone for the sub sub domains (cp.windows.domain.com) in cpanel and then point A record for each one across?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. waffell

waffell Registered

Ok.. so what would be the best way to achieve this then...

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: