The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with setting up Webdisk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Becinaus, May 7, 2011.

1. Becinaus

Becinaus Registered

Hi everyone :)

I'm brand new to the world of cPanel! I'm slowly working my way thru it all, but I'm a little stuck at setting up my Webdisk.

I've created my webdisk account, gone to the Access Web Disk page. I have Windows 7, which isn't available as an option in the os dropdown list, so I've selected XP (7 has backwards compatibility and Xp was the more stable system...)

I've downloaded the VBScript Script File, but when I click on it, I get a message that internet explorer cannot open https://mydomain:2078, would I like to see its default view instead.

When I click Yes, I get another message that there is a problem connecting to the webdisk service, please make sure that ports 2078(ssl) and 2077 are not firewalled.

I've gone thru the steps of adding a traffic rule into Nortons 360 (I'm pretty sure I've done it right, I've followed the instructions on the Nortons site), but I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks for your time!

Becky.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level: