The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with with time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buff3r, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Buff3r

Buff3r Member

Help with time

Hi all i got a VPS from my host who has SolusVM installed and OpenVZ, I have changed time zone fine, but only problem is the time is out by 4-5mins ive been told you cant have ntp installed on SolusVM or OpenVZ or something along them lines... I was wondering does anyone know a work around to have time sorted on my vps so it stays up to date, when i do update time in whm it updates time but if i click on the time update link on the left it goes back to the normal time it was at 4-5mins behide

Thanks

#1 Buff3r, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Here's a good discussion post on why your provider should be the one handling this issue:

Web Hosting Talk - View Single Post - Clock issues with OpenVZ

Even if you were able to get rdate or ntp working on your VPS node, the issue is that the hardware clock must be off. That is oftentimes the sign of an issue with the box itself. They are the ones who need to investigate the issue, since you surely cannot be the only one on the server experiencing it.