The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brakel, May 8, 2004.

1. brakel

brakel Registered

I Had errors when I installed it??

Hi as you will find out im prtty new at this. I know some but not everything. I installed cpanel on my mandrake 9.2 machine. it crashed it. then i finally got it back up but now whenever I try to make a user i get this error:"WWWAcct 8.0 by J. Nick Koston
    Please use the this syntax
    wwwacct "

Also when I goto the port 2083 it says this next to the mysql usage:"Sorry, your Cpanel Config file is missing your dns info."

When I try to update any of the software it gives me this: 'Running make install
    Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install"
    It puts a ton of stuff up but at the end of each new install it says that.

I cant ftp my server either. It is just an ip right now until I get a domain but shouldnt I be able to ftp it with it like that? Also eimstats wont start it fails.
    Will anyone help me??
    Thanks in advance
    You can aim me at wutsmuyname if youd rather tell me that way or need mroe info or need to see my server. Just tell me your from cpanel so I know who you are.
    Thanks again!

#1 brakel, May 8, 2004
    Last edited: May 8, 2004
  2. brakel

brakel Registered

anyone??

3. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

You definately have some configuration issues going on it sounds like. I would recommend searching for one of the management companies here or one of the great admins.