The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Final-Solution, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Final-Solution

Final-Solution Well-Known Member

I've recently had a problem with one IP, the one all my accounts are hosted under.

So I did the logical (to me anyway) thing and changed the IP for each account to a new one through WHM . . . only under Edit DNS Zone it still lists the old IP, and the FTP won't allow them to login!

Anyone have this happen?

So I changed the Primary IP to the new IP so the accounts I create will have the new IP by defualt .. and now all the accounts on that IP show up online as the first account i created instead of their own!

Why won't this work??

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

try
    /scripts/rebuildproftpd

and then
    /scripts/ftpupdate

then kill proftpd
    and restart it.

3. Final-Solution

It still doesn't seem to wanna work :(

If i delete the account and create it again the ftp will work, but the http will load the first account created on the IP instead of the new accounts website :(

4. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

What was the original problem?
    That is, what happened on your box to cause you to have to restructure everything to a new IP?

5. Final-Solution

the original problem is that AOL has decided to block a website I was hosting, so they blocked the IP, which happened to be the IP all my accounts were on.

So I went to Change Sites IP on WHM and changed it, only it didnt update the DNS Zone info, so i updated the DNS Zone to the new IP . . and then the FTP didn't work, i resynched the pws and restarted the ftpd to no avail.

my next step was to delete the accounts and recreate them entirely on the new IP, but after I had done that all the domains now load the first account i created instead of their own domains.

6. Final-Solution

I also changed the main IP for the server so new accounts would be created using the new IP, but the IP doesn't show up in the list when I go to create an account . . . i have to manually edit the URL to set it to the right IP . . seems like a pain in the ass, is the change IP funtion just really buggy (or non-functioning)?

7. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

oh, the reason might be is you changed the IP for the DNS and in WHM, but Apache may still be trying to use the old IP address

8. Final-Solution

shouldnt the change IP option fix that? the httpd.conf lists the new IP .. still not workin though =-0 a few sites work, a few dont

9. JamesA

JamesA Registered

Hey,

This helped me fix a problem thats only 50% related to this topic! Weeeee!!!

- James