The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helps with PHP Mail Fuction

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by warrence, Jun 2, 2005.

1. warrence

warrence Active Member

im facing this problem recently, the situation go like this...

i have a main server blah.com and another mail server mail.blah.com

they are actually having the same domain name, and then now i'm facing problem of sending out message using php mail function in blah.com to mail.blah.com, it will never reach mail.blah.com, i tried send to hotmail it does reach to hotmail inbox but when i tried to send to me@blah.com( which belong to mail.blah.com) it wont work....again i remind that php mail function is used in the main server blah.com

i tried to add MX Entry mail.blah.com in blah.com already but it still cannot reach inbox of mail.blah.com

Please help with me i have looking for alot of website but still cant solve this problem, Thank you very much

2. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

Are you using external DNS for this domain, you will need to to get it to work.

The reason that your emails are not leaving the server is because exim first checks to see if the domain you are trying to send to is on the server if so it delivers localy if not then it will lookup the DNS externaly to find the mail server for the domain and deliver it there.

Ok in addition to having the DNS external to the server you will also need to remove the domain from /etc/localdomains and add it to /etc/remotedomains, this will force exim to lookup the DNS information externally rather than internally.

3. warrence

warrence Active Member

should i restart anything after i change remotedomains and localdomains?