Here goes ... could use some pointers guys.

Vital

Nov 17, 2001
See... If it's called portsentry.ignore, it ignores the damn file... ;))) Kidding, ofcourse... Same story here, it doesn't help.

rpmws

Aug 14, 2001
back woods of NC, USA
actually I jus6t changed mine to include 127.0.0.1/32 exactally like that and bind hasn't restarted yet in 3 hours !

In the notes it says:
If you don't supply a netmask it is assumed to be 32 bits

All I changed was the mask at the end and now it works.

Vital

Nov 17, 2001
Gee... Let me try to do this on one of the boxes...

rpmws

Aug 14, 2001
back woods of NC, USA
Nope!!!!!!!! bind starting locking up and restarting again! oh well. I don't need sub domains anyway.

bert

Aug 21, 2001
Anyone has done 6.2 yet?

I upgraded our 7.2 boxes, but I am very affraid to do the 6.2 boxes!

Come on guys. Anyone?

rpmws

Aug 14, 2001
back woods of NC, USA
I started this thread and I still haven't done it yet.. waiting to see how many blow up first. I have had my finger on the trigger 3 times now and I go back and find people with new problems. I just can't find a good time to do it either. My box is on fire all night and all day and I have clients begghing me not to &yet& ..well one client. I told him 1 hour max and he freaked out. My uptime has been perfect for like 7 months.. &knock on wood&. :)

bert

Aug 21, 2001
I hear you. I already did it on 7.2, but these two 6.2 boxes have excellent uptime, just like yours. One of them has 174 days :)

My concern is with suexec. It is disabled on those boxes and I have heard that the new apache turns it on.

feanor

Aug 13, 2001
It's easy to prevent that from actually instilling itself, even with these new builds on layer one....

chmod 0000 /scripts/initsuexec
(and do the same to fpsuexec and initfpsuexec within /scripts)

then chattr +i (to each of those scripts)

then, go in /usr/local/apache/bin , and touch &suexec& and then , chmod 0000 that blank file you just made, and finally &chattr +i suexec&

That way regardless of what the build does, suexec will stay out of the build and no changes will be made to apache for the frontpage config.

Vital

Nov 17, 2001
Bert, 6.2 goes along pretty fine, you may miss some libraries there, but then again, you can install 'em, and try to compile php without installing.
If it wouldn't fail, most chances are, that you will succeed.

bert

Aug 21, 2001
Thanks guys.

Just did my 2 6.2 boxes and went very nice and smooth. No problems at all :)

carperman

Feb 7, 2002
Hello, can you give us a run through of what you did, what lib files needed updating etc?

I have ask Burst.net support to do it, but i have no reply - which is nothing usually so may have to take deep breath and try myself.

gordita

Aug 14, 2001
success

I just upgraded a unmodified cpanel RH 6.2 box using buildapache.sea. When the menu came up, the only thing did was uncheck the SuEXEC module option since I don't currently use it and didn't want to fight that battle tonight. Other than that I just click &exit& and let the script do it thing for few minutes. Seems to be working great.

carperman

Feb 7, 2002
ok i might give it a try.

what apache modules... does this process upgrade them?

If not how and where do i go about upgrading them?