The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's A question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave213, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Dave213

Dave213 Member

Mar 22, 2005
    How in the world can you use ssh, im trying to install a com voice server, on my server, and man, i just wanna shoot myself things are so blahhhhhhhhh.

any idea's , and before you ask, its on a VDS server, yes i know im dumb for doing a stupid thing, but hey thats life, people do things like this, mayby i need to get a dedicated server, and just blahhhhhh again.
  2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Your question is somewhat open-ended to say the least.

It would help a great deal if you could clarify things by clearly stating:

1. What precisely you are trying to install? What is is called, what version, a URL for its website.

2. What are you trying to do to install it? What are you typing and where?

3. Most importantly: what happens when you try? Obviously it isn't working and so there is no need to simply state that it doesn't work. What errors do you get and when?

4. What user are you logged into SSH as? Root or some other user? Does the installation require root access?

That should clarify things enough to at least present the possibility of someone being able to present some useful suggestions.