The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey i'm getting an error when i try to use copy().

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jmaggio, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Jmaggio

Jmaggio Registered

The error is as follows:
    Warning: copy(/home/jmaggio/public_html/images/items/test.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jmaggio/public_html/addpettype.php on line 21

I never had this errror with my old web hosting, and now that i've transfered to a Virtual Private Server with CPanel, it doesn't work anymore. I do not understand why this error is occuring, and i've tried to change permissions etc. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem, i was told to contact you guys.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who would have suggested you use the cPanel public forums for support as they are generally a means for cPanel server admins and users to discuss issues and not an official channel for support.

Issues such as the one you describe should really be raised with your hosting provider.

However, a few things you should consider:

1. Do you know if phpsuexect is enabled? Whether it is or not effects the user that php is running as, which will possibly have an effect on permissions. Check with your host if you don't know.

2. What are the current permissions on the file you are trying to copy? If in doubt, set them to 0755 and work down from there if this is not secure enough for you.