The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi, cpanel and setting up a domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickcpanel, Aug 13, 2009.

1. nickcpanel

nickcpanel Registered

:) The domain server provider people are very helpful but I made settings in cpanel before the new domain name was propgated maybe. I was given temporary folders to use and somehow...lol...I found I could use Cpanel as well. Maybe the domain was setup at that time(stumbling through I guess you could say) but all I could get to was the temporary folders.
    Then I played with Notepad++, Microsoft XP Home SP3 reported an error in the reporting tool and I also got rid of Filezilla after realizing Cpanel would be good for me... Cpanel looks very nice by the way and seems easy to use.
    I was experimenting. My first Domain name and my first play with whatever I could do.
    At some point I made a Digital Signature and now I can not login to cpanel, bookmarks to cpanel logon do not work and, I wonder if I am the culprit, the server ip has network problems the same night I did.
    I also auto configured Outlook Express settings for both non and SSL for WIndows LIve Email and when I saw the setting had changed in the Windows Live email properties I guessed the settings found the right place.
    I have emailed the Domain server ip and had replies but I guess they are solving their problems as well as trying to cope with me...chuckling a wee bit here but enjoying the experience.
    I did not know what to do to setup the settings properly but I do have the settings from the domain server ip recorded for use.
    What should I do now?

#1 nickcpanel, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. nickcpanel

nickcpanel Registered

answer to my question...go ask the server provider..

..I read a stickie :) Thank you for Cpanel :)

Edited: I came back to ask why I can't find my new domain name website on the www. I can only find my ftp folders when I enter my domain name web address.
    :confused: However, I just want to say Cpanel pretty good, now that I found how to use it to edit my web page without going back and forth.
    I still don't know why my web page is parked because I added files to it and that seems the only condition for a web page to become unparked...if anyone feels like telling me anything please do... :)

#2 nickcpanel, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009