Hi "Domains" in cPanel for only can use "Addon domains"

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I have some clients that add a new domains in "Domains" tab, but not add him in "Addon domains" and cannot install her wordpress. I attached an image.

I need know: WHM/cPanel will have any problem/error if hide "Domains"?.

Where can i hide him?.

I have: CloudLinux + WHM/cPanel + LiteSpeed + Softaculous + JetBackup + Imunify360, I known't if any software can have problems if I hide "domains".

Thank you very much.

Attachments

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Why they can't install Wordpress? Unfortunately "Domains" cannot be hidden but "add-on domains".

Reactions: MindServer

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Why they can't install Wordpress? Unfortunately "Domains" cannot be hidden but "add-on domains".
Oh, cannot disable "domains" tab for only work with "addon domains" ?, thank you very much.

My clients cannot install wordpress because we are using Souftaculous and I think he only get domains from "addon domains" tab. I need write my clients for explain him how work constantly.

Have nice day!

Last edited:
Reactions: andrew.n

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
My advice would be to focus in on using the domains tab primarily - the rest of the interfaces will go away (subdomains, addon domains, aliases) and all domain additions will be centralized through Domains.

As far as the inability to install Wordpress using softaculous - I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. Can you show the error received and/or the exact replication steps?

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
My advice would be to focus in on using the domains tab primarily - the rest of the interfaces will go away (subdomains, addon domains, aliases) and all domain additions will be centralized through Domains.

As far as the inability to install Wordpress using softaculous - I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. Can you show the error received and/or the exact replication steps?
I solved this.

I not understanded you, cPanel will remove "subdomains, addon domains, aliases" in future versions?.

Thanks!

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The interfaces for them will go away, yes. You can add all of those through Domains even now.
Okay, one thing:

In "Add package" I limited resources for my clients. I attached an image.

If I set limit in "Addon domain", too will affect to "Domains" tab?. Or how can i limit number of domains per client account?.

Thank you!

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
It sure will - this will all function the same. In this instance I've got a two addon domain limit assigned to this account's package and when I attempted to add a 3rd I get the following: Screenshot at Jun 16 00-07-46.png