mikerayner

Apr 10, 2002
[quote:d0399933a8][i:d0399933a8]Originally posted by awsol[/i:d0399933a8]

Yes I'm watching your whole system right now. You really should be careful hosting all those adult web sites.[/quote:d0399933a8]
We are not an adult web hoster, and what I wrote above was a policy to find out what is that hiddenroom

Also how you can enter our systems when you don't know where am I, I mean my server IPs,

I'm sure that is not a backdoor

Wallaby

Aug 15, 2001
Hey mikerayner can't you see someone having a joke with you when it hits you in the face? LOL lighten up...

CGarson

Jul 29, 2002
Come on Nick! We're paying good money for cPanel, can we PLEASE get these &hidden features&.

SoftmegUK

Feb 13, 2002
UK
Gimme, gimme, gimme :D

SoftmegUK

Feb 13, 2002
UK
Oh dammit lol thought the're might be something secret like how to get $100,000,000 easily :D

Final-Solution

Jul 14, 2002
the secret code is 8675309, but you gotta sing it into your microphone while you're entering it or it wont work

trakwebster

Jan 29, 2003
Originally posted by Final-Solution
the secret code is 8675309, but you gotta sing it into your microphone while you're entering it or it wont work
Say, wait a minute.

That's not the secret code they gave us for our hidden room.

Something funny here.

promak

Oct 6, 2001
so who have crack this key yet?

:D :D

[O-CuK]Marci

Jun 3, 2004
I've just been searching through the forums for this hidden room business and I come here and see everyone having a good laugh about it all. Well I'm not laughing, I'm here because my boss read about this some place and has decided we may have a very serious security risk on our server here, and it's become my responsibility, thus putting my job on the line. I've been instructed to investigate and if necessary contact Scotland Yard to report the incident. At this time it seems to me you guys need to provide all of the following very badly:

1. A clearly worded and fully detailed OFFICIAL explanation of what exactly this is and why it's on our server.
2. A means to independently verify said explanation is truthful.
3. A means to completely remove any functionality that WE do not control on OUR server.

If we don't have a clear understanding of what the hell this is in the immediate future we'll have no choice but to assume hostile intent and react accordingly, assuming I am still in employment.

Keegan

Oct 22, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by [O-CuK]Marci
I've just been searching through the forums for this hidden room business and I come here and see everyone having a good laugh about it all. Well I'm not laughing, I'm here because my boss read about this some place and has decided we may have a very serious security risk on our server here, and it's become my responsibility, thus putting my job on the line. I've been instructed to investigate and if necessary contact Scotland Yard to report the incident. At this time it seems to me you guys need to provide all of the following very badly:

1. A clearly worded and fully detailed OFFICIAL explanation of what exactly this is and why it's on our server.
2. A means to independently verify said explanation is truthful.
3. A means to completely remove any functionality that WE do not control on OUR server.

If we don't have a clear understanding of what the hell this is in the immediate future we'll have no choice but to assume hostile intent and react accordingly, assuming I am still in employment.
Contact them directly, posting this on some forum will garner no response... lol, you might as well tack this onto your local gas station's wall.

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
What are you worried about? It's cpanel software. If you really are worried about a security issue, stop using the software. Nobody is forcing anyone to use it on any server.

Every piece of software that exists requires trusting the developer because any program can have hidden functions. If anyone is ever truly concerned about a programs security, they need to hire a programmer to decompile the source code and see just how it works.

X-Istencedotcom

Apr 14, 2003
Originally posted by squirrel
What are you worried about? It's cpanel software. If you really are worried about a security issue, stop using the software. Nobody is forcing anyone to use it on any server.

Every piece of software that exists requires trusting the developer because any program can have hidden functions. If anyone is ever truly concerned about a programs security, they need to hire a programmer to decompile the source code and see just how it works.
Uhm, or just use open source and look at the code without decompiling it first.

@ [O-CuK]Marci:

There is no security issue, no backdoor, nothing that allows anyone access to your server. At this time that is, i can not tell you about the future though, when there might be a hole in WHM that allows anyone that sends bad data to WHM access.

Who knows. But this file that is being talked about is not a security issue. If you feel it is, contact cPanel about it, or leave it.

intent-group

Oct 28, 2003
And if you look on your cpanel side bar, scroll right to the bottom highlight the white area and you'll see a hidden pi symbol that doesn't do anything when you click it... But if you hold CTRL and Shift and click it takes you to the hiddenroom page...

Remind you of a good popular film! ;)