mikerayner

Well-Known Member
Apr 10, 2002
188
0
316
[quote:d0399933a8][i:d0399933a8]Originally posted by awsol[/i:d0399933a8]

Yes I'm watching your whole system right now. You really should be careful hosting all those adult web sites.[/quote:d0399933a8]
We are not an adult web hoster, and what I wrote above was a policy to find out what is that hiddenroom

Also how you can enter our systems when you don't know where am I, I mean my server IPs,

I'm sure that is not a backdoor
 

Wallaby

Well-Known Member
Aug 15, 2001
131
1
318
Hey mikerayner can't you see someone having a joke with you when it hits you in the face? LOL lighten up...
 

CGarson

Well-Known Member
Jul 29, 2002
74
0
156
Come on Nick! We're paying good money for cPanel, can we PLEASE get these &hidden features&.
 

SoftmegUK

Well-Known Member
Feb 13, 2002
368
0
316
UK
Gimme, gimme, gimme :D
 

SoftmegUK

Well-Known Member
Feb 13, 2002
368
0
316
UK
Oh dammit lol thought the're might be something secret like how to get $100,000,000 easily :D
 

Final-Solution

Well-Known Member
Jul 14, 2002
92
0
156
the secret code is 8675309, but you gotta sing it into your microphone while you're entering it or it wont work
 

trakwebster

Well-Known Member
Jan 29, 2003
143
0
166
Originally posted by Final-Solution
the secret code is 8675309, but you gotta sing it into your microphone while you're entering it or it wont work
Say, wait a minute.

That's not the secret code they gave us for our hidden room.

Something funny here.
 

promak

Well-Known Member
Oct 6, 2001
248
0
316
so who have crack this key yet?

:D :D
 

[O-CuK]Marci

Active Member
Jun 3, 2004
37
0
156
I've just been searching through the forums for this hidden room business and I come here and see everyone having a good laugh about it all. Well I'm not laughing, I'm here because my boss read about this some place and has decided we may have a very serious security risk on our server here, and it's become my responsibility, thus putting my job on the line. I've been instructed to investigate and if necessary contact Scotland Yard to report the incident. At this time it seems to me you guys need to provide all of the following very badly:

1. A clearly worded and fully detailed OFFICIAL explanation of what exactly this is and why it's on our server.
2. A means to independently verify said explanation is truthful.
3. A means to completely remove any functionality that WE do not control on OUR server.

If we don't have a clear understanding of what the hell this is in the immediate future we'll have no choice but to assume hostile intent and react accordingly, assuming I am still in employment.
 

Keegan

Well-Known Member
Oct 22, 2001
93
1
318
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by [O-CuK]Marci
I've just been searching through the forums for this hidden room business and I come here and see everyone having a good laugh about it all. Well I'm not laughing, I'm here because my boss read about this some place and has decided we may have a very serious security risk on our server here, and it's become my responsibility, thus putting my job on the line. I've been instructed to investigate and if necessary contact Scotland Yard to report the incident. At this time it seems to me you guys need to provide all of the following very badly:

1. A clearly worded and fully detailed OFFICIAL explanation of what exactly this is and why it's on our server.
2. A means to independently verify said explanation is truthful.
3. A means to completely remove any functionality that WE do not control on OUR server.

If we don't have a clear understanding of what the hell this is in the immediate future we'll have no choice but to assume hostile intent and react accordingly, assuming I am still in employment.
Contact them directly, posting this on some forum will garner no response... lol, you might as well tack this onto your local gas station's wall.
 

PWSowner

Well-Known Member
Nov 10, 2001
2,901
4
343
ON, Canada
What are you worried about? It's cpanel software. If you really are worried about a security issue, stop using the software. Nobody is forcing anyone to use it on any server.

Every piece of software that exists requires trusting the developer because any program can have hidden functions. If anyone is ever truly concerned about a programs security, they need to hire a programmer to decompile the source code and see just how it works.
 

X-Istencedotcom

Well-Known Member
Apr 14, 2003
223
0
166
Originally posted by squirrel
What are you worried about? It's cpanel software. If you really are worried about a security issue, stop using the software. Nobody is forcing anyone to use it on any server.

Every piece of software that exists requires trusting the developer because any program can have hidden functions. If anyone is ever truly concerned about a programs security, they need to hire a programmer to decompile the source code and see just how it works.
Uhm, or just use open source and look at the code without decompiling it first.

@ [O-CuK]Marci:

There is no security issue, no backdoor, nothing that allows anyone access to your server. At this time that is, i can not tell you about the future though, when there might be a hole in WHM that allows anyone that sends bad data to WHM access.

Who knows. But this file that is being talked about is not a security issue. If you feel it is, contact cPanel about it, or leave it.
 

intent-group

Member
Oct 28, 2003
7
0
151
And if you look on your cpanel side bar, scroll right to the bottom highlight the white area and you'll see a hidden pi symbol that doesn't do anything when you click it... But if you hold CTRL and Shift and click it takes you to the hiddenroom page...

Remind you of a good popular film! ;)