The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide DNS controls from resellers/users

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Justanother, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Justanother

Justanother Registered

Hi All,

I am setting up a CentOS 5 server with a new install of cPanel on my own dedicated machine. I have customized it quite a bit, but I don't know how to remove the functions that we don't utilize from the reseller/user control panels.

For instance, I am only using the server to host PHP/Apache and FTP. I don't need to alter the DNS settings or EMail settings for each new account that I create, since my customers prefer to use their own 3rd party DNS servers (like godaddy's, etc). Is there a way to hide/remove these functions on the Reseller and user side so that they don't even see DNS or Email? Would this make sense, or are there obvious problems that anyone can see?

Thanks!
    AJ

2. nimrodx

nimrodx Active Member

You can create/edit a 'Feature List' to contain what you want and don't want and then assign it to a 'Package' which in turn you assign to users.

"Feature Manager" can be found in WHM. You'll be able to 'switch off' features from the list provided including DNS functions and Email functions. Once done, assign it to the relevant packages that your customers will be using.

HTH.

3. Justanother

Justanother Registered

Thanks Very Much!

This is exactly the sort of "template editor" that I was looking for. I just made an example, assigned it and it works perfectly. Thanks again!

AJ