The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide Import Addresses/Forwarders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by callmelann, Aug 22, 2010.

1. callmelann

callmelann Member

Hi,

I am using WHM, with some reason I want to create a cpanel account that dont have email feature. So I create a feature in Feature Manager that disable all email related features like Change MX record, Email Account, Email Filtering until Webmail. I apply this feature to the package that the cpanel account use. So all the links not visible on the cpanel except one, I cannot hide the Import Addresses/Forwarders. Only this thing cannot be hidden in the cpanel because not available in the feature options.

Am I missing something?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I've just tested this on a couple different servers (CURRENT and EDGE builds) and get different results. If you want to try something, not sure how this will affect your other accounts, but edit the Disabled (features) list and uncheck that option there, save then check again to see if that removes it for you.

I want to do some more testing here to see why I'm getting different results on my end but will have to come back to it later today.

3. callmelann

callmelann Member

I found it.

It is in the Feature list. Not sure why I miss reading. I am using browser find (Ctrl + F) to find "import" and found "CSV Import (Email & Forwarders)" disable this makes the cpanel icon Import Addresses/Forwarders disappear with the whole Mail box.

Actually I am creating an account for SVN repository only. Point sub domain to this account. and use the /home/svnaccount for storing the repository. That is why no email required.

#3 callmelann, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I failed to mention that I was indeed able to remove the icon you originally asked about, but had one other that I could not remove. Different icons depending on cPanel version.

Glad to hear you got it sorted. ;)