Hide Remote MySql server IP address in phpmyadmin

sinai

Registered
Jan 29, 2018
Dubai
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
I have connected WHM to a remote MySql server. Everything's OK. The only issue is that when I open phpmyadmin it shows the IP address of the remote mysql server (172.16.1.20:3306). What should be changed to phpmyadmin displays the host name of the remote server instead of its IP address? It is a local server and has a private IP address so I have added a host name in /etc/hosts:
172.16.1.20 databaseserver
and put the name in /root/.my.cnf
[client]
password="mypassword"
user=root
port=3306
host=databaseserver
I also changed the mysql-host in the file /usr/local/cpanel/etc/cpanel.config and set it to `databaseserver`.
Any help is appreciated.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I don't believe it's possible to modify the behavior of phpMyAdmin (as provided with cPanel) to hide the IP address of the actual MySQL server you are managing the database of. You can open a feature request for this at:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Do you notice any differences in the /root/.my.cnf file on the two cPanel servers (note this file includes the password, so don't post the password here on the public forums)? Is there a difference in cPanel versions?

Thank you.

sinai

Registered
Jan 29, 2018
Dubai
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The old server (which is displaying dbs):
66.0 (build 34)
[client]
user=root
password="XXXXXX"
port=3306
host=dbs
-------------------
The new server (which is displaying IP address):
68.0 (build 27)
[client]
password=XXXXXX
user=root
port=3306
host=dbs

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected systems?

Thank you.