The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

high availability

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by zimmerj, Oct 27, 2008.

1. zimmerj

zimmerj Member

I actually didn't see any threads on high availability so I thought I would start one.

Are there data centers out there that offer high availability for cPanel and WHM? I assume that high availability would have to be setup on the router level. Assuming this is in place, is there a built in function in WHM or cPanel to synch the 2 (or more) servers in the setup? The only other method I can think of would be to use a cron job and copy all files from one server to the other. However there still would be lapses. Are there any sort of trigger functions available that would update both servers upon change?

Just curious about this, I currently have multiple servers at different data centers for the sake of redundancy. It would be nice to host everything within the same cluster.

2. bmcniff01

bmcniff01 Member

You could possibly look into NIX Cluster Management tools. I think that would be your best starting point.

3. Freezer

Freezer Well-Known Member

Or a Vmware esxi HA cluster? Data on a SAN.