High load under user nobody...

MethOd63

Aug 20, 2007
From about 15 minutes my server got load over 67.23, and all because apache, and now i have a question: how to set apache for serwer with about 1000 unique visits per hour ?? any help ??

Last edited:

vanessa

PartnerNOC
Sep 26, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
You can try mod_evasive, to limit multiple connections from the same IPs. Otherwise you might want to set your MaxClients setting a little lower. 1000 unique visitors per hour really isn't a lot of traffic unless you're on a server with very little CPU or memory allocation. What you really should do is find out what is causing the load - Apache is more oriented towards memory, not CPU, so it's most likely something on your site(s) that is responsible for the load.

You can also try WHM > CPU/MySQL/Memory usage to see what the top processes are. Anything over a '1' in the CPU column can be a problem.

Sean.barron

Aug 16, 2008
MethOd63,

Vanessa has given you the right suggestions however, if you will still face the same then let us know we will try to sort it our for you:)

MethOd63

Aug 20, 2007
MethOd63,

Vanessa has given you the right suggestions however, if you will still face the same then let us know we will try to sort it our for you:)
Even now i have this same problem , about 90 apache processes and mysql.

Going crazy..:(

Last edited: