The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High memory requirement cPanel 11?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kailash1, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi,

Is cPanel 11 required high memory on server then the cPanel 10? I have recently upgraded cPanel 10 to cPanel 11.6.0-R15076. Now, the server's memory usage is also increased. Sometime, it runs out of memory. I need to restart some services to back it to normal.

Is there any memory issue with cPanel 11 or do I need to check on my server for high memory usage?

Thanks,

Kailash

2. dryan

dryan Registered
    PartnerNOC

High memory usage since cPanel 11

I, too, am experiencing higher memory loads than normal since cPanel 11. I have a VPS with 384MB of dedicated RAM, burstable to 512MB and it seems my allocated RAM is quite often up to 420MB, though actual memory usage is low (203MB).

Anyone else notice this? It's not a big issue now, but I don't have even one account set up yet, so no traffic and none of the additional processes that run as a result.

-Dan

3. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

I would like to know if there are new resident tasks running and if they are eating up alot more ram just on startup alone?.

History has almost always shown we need more ram when these big things get upgraded so I imagine its going to happen here.

Some of us are running boxes with 2 gigs already pretty loaded, if we need more ram we might be best off upgrading hardware before going to CP11 to avoid ugly downtime or performance issues.

4. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

cPDavd is a new service with cPanel 11 which will require more memory if enabled. Other than that, the major services have not changed (except for upgrades) so you should not see a major increase in memory usage with cPanel 11. The cPanel / WHM code base has grown but the page request sizes have shrunk so there should not be a major change there either.