Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

High memory usage question

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by conductexam, Sep 10, 2018.

1. conductexam

conductexam Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello ,

I am using centos server . I was installed WHM / cpanel on this server .

Some times my server's memory automatic goes high . What's the problem , any configuration missing on my server ?

I attach screen-shot .

Please tell me what's the problem .

Attached Files:

2. Anupam SG

Anupam SG Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It would be hard for anyone to assist you without any details such as how many CPanel users are using that server, which sort of application is hosted on that server. How much memory is on that server? A 100% utilization for 2GB memory server would not be unusual.

Additionally, the graph shared is for a 24 hour period. The spike in memory usage is also reflected in high CPU usage + high disk read/write during the same hours. Is this something that happens between those hours daily, and not just for the last 24hours? And the disk is showing as ~90% full. The mere spike could be explained by something as simple as a lot of compressing/decrompressing the files on the servers, which is something generating or restoring from back-ups would do.

cPanelLauren likes this.
  3. conductexam

conductexam Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello ,

Server details :-

ram = 16-gb
    hdd = 160-gb
    os = centos (6.9)

In this server running so many php portals . This issue comes sometimes .

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @conductexam

Based on the limited information you've provided and the graph I'd wager the issue is traffic. If this is a Virtual Server (which I assume it is since it appears to be Digital Ocean) and you're experiencing corresponding high IO wait you'll want to speak to your provider as this could be related to being on an overloaded node. The following guide may be helpful for you:
    Troubleshooting High Loads On Linux Servers

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...