The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High memory usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guigows, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Guigows

Guigows Active Member

Dear Sirs,

I've 4GB of Ram memory in this server; I don't know why it's using almost all memory... I don't have many costumers in this server...

when I restart the server ,the memory use is about 300MB but after some time it goes to more than 3GB, but even when I can see that 3GB are being use via TOP, WHM shows that only about 6% of memory are being used.

Is it a problem?

Thank you!

2. rich_505

rich_505 Member

What kind of scripts are your customers using? IE Proxy scripts, rapidleech as these could cause massive RAM usage.

Are there a lot of 'nobody' processes running? If so try tracing them.

3. Guigows

Guigows Active Member

My costumers use only e-mail and HTML files in httpd, I've less than 10 sites hosted.

The datacenter staff told that Cpanel allocate all memory, so this is the reason to in top I see almost all memory used and in cpanel only 6%. Does it make sense??

4. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

I would suggest monitoring the processes running on your server and find our which process is consuming more server resources. You can see the running processes from WHM's CPU/Memory/MySQL usage OR you can use top -c command.