Hipchat notifications in the future (Stride)

Greg M

May 26, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I currently use the Hipchat method for server notifications to my phone - it works and its great. However Atlassian have recently announced a new product called Stride, this will eventually replace hipchat and will ultimately result in a forced upgrade to the new platform at some point down the line.

I would like to know if cPanel will be able to keep the hipchat notifications working through stride? Or will we have to look at a new method for receiving server notifications?

Introducing Stride – The Stride Blog

and heres a snippet from their email to me:
We'll be releasing Stride to the world soon. We think you'll love it, so we've reserved a spot for you. No action needed! When it's time to upgrade, we will be in touch with you and move all your HipChat data to Stride for you. For now, HipChat Cloud will continue to be supported, but we will eventually encourage all HipChat Cloud customers to upgrade to Stride. We know you may have some questions about that, and we've done our best to answer them here.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello Greg,

We don't have any plans to support "Stride" notifications in the near future, and we will continue to offer support for HipChat notifications. I recommend opening a feature request for Stride notification support if you'd like to see support added:

Submit A Feature Request

Thanks!