The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitting Open File Limit of 120,000....

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by AndrewH, Feb 24, 2016.

1. AndrewH

AndrewH Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So, this is my first time posting here, rather than lurking and just figuring stuff out.

I've now had my first dedi for just over a month, no problems other than the fumbling thru the initial setup (its unmanaged).

I'm hosting a variety of WordPress sites. I've just migrated in a rather large website and its running on its own cPanel account. The thing is, that the website contains about 81,000 files, drastically larger than any of the other sites.

I have broken images thru out after the migration, and I've bumped up the open file limit to 120,000 since I always see this in Proccess Manager;

Code:
    /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --plugin-dir=/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin --user=mysql --log-error=/var/lib/mysql/tier1.myserver.com.err --open-files-limit=120000 --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/tier1.myserver.pid
    Now, this being said, the server is running smoothly. The mysql process that gives me this in the Command column rarely is running at more than 2% of either CPU or RAM. My server is so overpowered for what I need its ridiculous, i'm just at a loss as to why I'm getting the open files limit no matter what I've tried.

Am I misinterpreting this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you let us know the particular error message you receive regarding the open files limit, and in which log file you see it in?

Thank you.

3. AndrewH

AndrewH Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've actually realized that I'm wrong on this one, and in fact I've had ZERO problems resulting from the open files limit, I just veered that way nonsensically apparently.

I've checked all the log files, and of course, no open files limits. What I was looking at was the Command line from mysql in the process manager...lol That mixed with the broken images from the huge site migration, I just assumed the worst at first.

I'm working on optimizing the dbase that was imported now, hopefully this will fix any problems that it may be causing. At least I've learned some stuff today!

Cheers

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator