The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holding page and first site setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hunter86, Dec 6, 2009.

1. hunter86

hunter86 Registered

Hello,
    I have moved my site from shared to dedicated hosting.
    My server will hold just one site.
    I have created an account in whm for the domain and uploaded the site in cpanel.

I have also changed NS and updated DNS records to the servers IP in the domains DNS setting. First off is the above all correct and when fully propagated that will resolve my site yes?

Now my next question is not really about cpanel but someone may be able to help.
    When typing my servers ip address in a browser i get the apache whm/cpanel holding page will this change when everything updates and resolve my website. Or is this something different, should i change this ?

I have run xampp before and i think i had to change something in the config to point to my websites directory to stop resolving the holder page ?
    I am a little confused and worried about this, if any one is able to advise me i would be most grateful.
    Many thanks
    Dan

2. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

If you have an access to SSH then you can cutomize the apache default page from the below mentioned path:

/usr/local/apache/htdocs

Once you on the above path you will need to edit the index.html page using any editor.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In cPanel 11.25 (CURRENT, not sure of the others) you can edit that default page from WHM > Web Template Editor > Default Website Page.

If the site you setup is not answering at the IP address you might set that account to have a dedicated IP so that it will. Otherwise, it's sharing the IP so will resolve to the main server IP > Default Website Page.