The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home directory deleted

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Pyra, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Pyra

Pyra Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello ,

First of all I cant find any thread with such thing tho I may missed it .
    So the problem is I have deleted the whole /home directory . I have backup for home , mysql , email etc. which I used and the folders were restored . In the public_html folder , I had installed only Joomla (no website yet) which seems to work now . Everything I do is to test different platforms so I dont have important files etc.

Now the question is , can I delete whole /home directory (everything inside that) and restore it with backup everytime I want to fresh clean the /home ? The settings I had on spamassin , attracta , googleaps etc. are restored also ? And also the permissions I had before deleting are restored also ?

I tried to back it up without deleting all /home directory but it seems to keep old files also which are not backed up and I dont want that .

Thanks in advance .

PS: 1 month old in this world of IT .

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You should terminate the accounts instead of manually deleting the /home directory:

"WHM Home » Account Functions » Terminate an Account"

This deletes all aspects of the account, including the account's home directory. It's then all restorable if you have a full account backup.

Thank you.