The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home directory missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GandalfDDUK, Oct 25, 2004.

1. GandalfDDUK

GandalfDDUK Member

Until yesterday one of my sites was working ok, today after an upgrade the home directory for one set has disapeared and now my site does not show, yet looking in WHM there is still 275mb of data in the account somewhere and I can access cpanel via WHM for said account, can anything be done to restore the home directory and if so how?

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Do you have backups running?

Is it your server, or are you an end user? If an end user, your host provider should be able to take a look and see what's wrong.

Maybe the home directory has wrong permissions or ownership.

3. GandalfDDUK

GandalfDDUK Member

Its my server, but the home directory apparently has just vanished during an upgrade, if I login to the cpanel for the account from WHM and access the file manager it says there is an internal error and the file can not be found meaning home directory but like I said there is 275mb of data still in the account I just can't access it, permissions shouldn't have changed as I haven't touched it.

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Do you still have a mail directory? Maybe that's where the sapce is gone and the public_html directory is gone. If you have backups, you can probably restore the public_html directory.

In shell, from the users root directory, what does
    ls -1
    give?