The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Directory Prefix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by makersky, Dec 26, 2006.

1. makersky

makersky Member

Hello,

We have problem with 'Home Directory Prefix' feature in WHM. It's set to 'home' and as it's written in help it should allow creation of new accounts everywhere where 'home' is in the name of directory:

'Examples: home matches /home, /home2, /newhome, /usr/home, /anythingwith/homeinit'

We are now short of storage on our server so we have to use /var partition for a moment. I've created /var/home but it does not show in menu in Rearrange Account page. What am I doing wrong ?

TIA.
    makersky

2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

do you mount /var/home as a mount point or only setup it as a folder beneath /var?

3. makersky

makersky Member

no, it's only folder, I've even tried to make symlink to /home3 (/home and /home2 are already present in my system), but it did not helped.

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It has to be a mount point. If you only create a directory it won't be used. Only mount points are checked agaisnt the HOMEMATCH value.

5. makersky

makersky Member

so it seems that only solution for this is to make (dd) big a file in /var, then format it as a filesystem (mkfs) and mount with loop option.

thank you.