The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home page?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eculewatt, Jul 8, 2008.

1. eculewatt

eculewatt Registered

i am very new to cpanel and well i cant find out where to upload my home page. i uploaded it with the filename "index.htm" to the "public_html" folder but when i visit my url (pspgrounds.com) it gives me the page load error.
    please help, thanks

2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

What's the specific error that you get? Uploading index.htm to public_html is the correct approach. You may wish to ensure that the permissions on index.htm are 644 and the permissions on public_html are 755.

3. koolcards

koolcards Well-Known Member

4. eculewatt

eculewatt Registered

i think this has to do with gaming lagoon. they bought me a domain and hosting and i guess the domain hasn't kicked in yet.

5. koolcards

koolcards Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with 'gaming lagoon' but purchasing a domain should be completed on conclusion of the purchase. A matter of 10 or 15 minutes, at worst ( if the Registrar's server is busy). Otherwise, someone else might end up with the same name during the wait. :eek: I'd contact them, if I were you.

Either way, the site won't be 'live' until it's setup and has time for the DNS to propagate a bit. A few hours, at best.

Uuuum, I did just look up 'gaminglagoon.com' but don't see where they offer domain names or hosting.