paralard

Mar 2, 2003
Austin Texas
Hello, I am trying to set up dreamcost hosting admin. It interfaces with cpanel. I have set up a user in whm. The problem is that when I point the script to the absolute path, it is not really the absolute server path. here is the errors I get, they may help explain.

Warning: main(/home/public_html/hostadmin/setup.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/admin/public_html/hostadmin/admin/index.php on line 14

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required '/home/public_html/hostadmin/setup.php' (include_path='') in /home/admin/public_html/hostadmin/admin/index.php on line 14

So when I enter the path /home/public_html/hostadmin/admin/index.php ....... it is not really the root server path. It is the root server path

I guess my question is, how do I set up an account on the whm server that will give me a public directory, or that is not governed by cpanel................. I am sorry I do not know how to explain it better..................... Thanks for any help or ideas

awsol

Feb 8, 2002
Boston MA
First off you got that code all messed up. You are trying to point it to 3 different locations.

The absolute path should be

/home/USERNAME/public_html/hostadmin/admin/

Replace USERNAME with the correct username for the account.

Also if your scripts are in a different directory than change those also.

paralard

Mar 2, 2003
Austin Texas
No

Tried it, that is not the problem. The path I entered is /home/admin/public_html/hostadmin/ the problem is whe you ftp into the users domain, wich is admin. it does not show the admin directory. when I ftp into the user domain. the directory it sends me to is / and under that is public_html ...... so you see, the admin folder is the / for the user root. I hope this make sense.................... Thanks

Habikki

Jun 16, 2003
Yeah, with the newer versions of PHP I've noticed that they are getting massivly strict with path's to includes and requires. From what you posted above, your including a file that can't be found. If you're running on cpanel then you're all sorts of messed up with the paths as all accounts are /home/username/public_html/. What I'm looking into now is that since cpanel and whm directories are virtually mapped to something like /usr/local/cpanel/base/ or something like that. What you may need to do is install your script not in a particular account that you've created... but within the whm root that's mapped. Least thats my $.02.

Cheers,
Robby

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: