The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/home/user/etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bert, Aug 9, 2002.

1. bert

bert Well-Known Member

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what is this directory for? What is very weird is that after creating one account in WHM, I got this message:

Ftp Password Files synced Vhost Passwords synced Updating cdcard ...(/home/cdcard/etc/passwd)...Done

What is really weird is that the user &cdcard& is not the user the account was created for. Nick or anyone, please let me know what is this 'cause I am going crazy here !

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

~username/etc/ directories, are for your pop3 and imap authentication, for your users. within you'll find the auth files for the email accounts you've created for the domain in question.

You might want to do some searching in imap on the forum as these directories have been altered a bit in recent days, though still serve the same purpose.

3. bert

bert Well-Known Member

Thanks feanor, that is what I figured, however would you happen to have a clue as to why would WHM edit the files on /etc for a user after creating an account for another user?