Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/home: write failed, user disk limit reached

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dillard, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Dillard

Dillard Well-Known Member

Since the recent (forced) upgrade to Edge-13 (I'm on FreeBSD) I receive these errors "/home: write failed, user disk limit reached" while logged in with SSH.

These messages occur on FreeBSD 4.9 and 5.1 and only since the upgrade, therefor I suspect it has something to do with Cpanel.

The strange part is that it can't be found in any logfile. Tried /scripts/fixquotas but that didn't do it.

I'm now monitoring my screens, and I suspect that it has something to do with:
    - mailman
    - melange

I mostly suspect mailman, because on one server where we do not have users on yet, I don't receive any messages. All other servers (have mailinglist) and these messages...

Anyone the same messages on the prompt and/or any idea how to stop these ?

Dillard

2. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I just upgraded to the latest stable version the other day and have been having the same problem ever since. Here's what I'm getting:

/: write failed, user disk limit reached

yet when I do this, it says no quota

# quota
    Disk quotas for user root (uid 0): none

#2 Jeff75, May 20, 2005
    Last edited: May 20, 2005
  3. netwrkr

netwrkr Well-Known Member

I believe this message is referring to an account on the server that has exceeded the set quota. I also see it from time to time on my linux servers when logged in via SSH.

Tom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I saw it on a VPS

I have seen this on a VPS when there was still diskspace but no free inodes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...