The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homedir Var Not Set

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrCoal, May 31, 2008.

1. MrCoal

MrCoal Member

For the past week or so, I see the following entry in the cPanel error log every time I access WHM or cPanel:

info [Cpanel::Form]: - homedir var not set, defaulting to /root at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Form.pm line 436

The only homedir variable I know about is in wwwacct.conf and it is correct there.

I have run upcp --force and restarted the VPS but the log entries keep occurring.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    What version and build # are you running?

Thanks

3. MrCoal

MrCoal Member

WHM 11.23.0 cPanel 11.23.1-C24909

Here is a complete log entry:

Sat May 31 10:45:49 2008 info [Cpanel::Form]: - homedir var not set, defaulting to /root at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Form.pm line 436
    Cpanel::Form::_log('homedir var not set, defaulting to /root') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Form.pm line 470
    Cpanel::Form::log_bandwidth(1, 27) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Form.pm line 338
    Cpanel::Form:: parseform() called at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_lview.cgi line 26

This was all working fine until a week ago.

4. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This is just a warning that the addon_lview.cgi (I'm not sure where that came from) did not set the $Cpanel::homedir variable and the Cpanel::Form module set it since it was missing. The addon probably just needs to be updated. However this shouldn't pose any problems if it isn't as Cpanel::Form will take care of setting the variable and this message is just a warning.