The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopelessly Lost. Maybe "Pathetic" is the better word...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zebilieflinch, Jan 8, 2005.

1. zebilieflinch

zebilieflinch Registered

Hi. Fresh meat here. My name is Dave. Out of the gate, be aware that I rarely check my spelling. I will quicckly de-throne the typo-error king here, I'm sure. ;) If spelling errors and such drive you nuts, avoid me like the plague! RUUUUUN!

LOL.

My niic is Zeb (pronounced Zeeb - hard "e" like "dweeb".... ya think I might regret that simile?) Derived from Zebra Finches, of which I am fond.

I'm not sure if my issues are a Cpanel discussion topic or not. WTF... nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

I just this evening bought a domain directly from DirectNic.

I then immediately hired ACENET as a host, because they seem to offer a lot of service for a reasonable price.

I then went to my DirectNic account and plugged in the NameServer for ACENET for the domain I bought.

Now, at this point, I know things may take a couple of days to get situated. No problem.

But having an FTP addy that works with ACENET, I figured WTF.... Might as well upload my site and start resolving any conflicts with the new addy. Ya with me?

But of course the .com addy isn't there yet. So after uploading the web site through FTP - which works totally as expected - I figure I can get there via the IP addy with my browser to check link integrity and such stuff..... Right? Wrong.

It's like trying to download the Pledge of Allegiance to a Liberal. Or.... like trying to download the concept of freedom of speech to a conservative. Choose your simile... ;) .... ain't happenin' either way you choose to slimile it.

I am lost and alone. Tumbleweeds are rolling past. I need help.

Help?

:( :confused:

2. LS_Drew

LS_Drew Well-Known Member

3. zebilieflinch

zebilieflinch Registered

BINGO!

Thank you!

Oddly, /~username is the protocol I was using to set up the site on my earthlink e-mail space before I bought the domain!

LOL. Never occured to me to drop a tilde on the new domain whileit's in the works!

THANK YOU!