WillyMore

May 22, 2002
I cant add to address book in horde. Anyone know where to start?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

netazoid

Mar 13, 2002
one fix for horde addressbook add entry issue

From cPanel support...

To correct the problem with the Horde address book not working correctly, you will need to SSH into your server as root, and type "mysql" to get a mysql prompt. Enter the following queries, and your problem should be fixed:

CREATE TABLE horde.turba_objects (object_id varchar(32) PRIMARY KEY,owner_id varchar(255),object_name varchar(255),object_alias varchar(32),object_email varchar(255),object_homeAddress varchar(255),object_workAddress varchar(255),object_homePhone varchar(25),object_workPhone varchar(25),object_cellPhone varchar(25),object_fax varchar(25),object_title varchar(32), object_company varchar(32),object_notes text);

insert into mysql.tables_priv values("%","horde","horde","turba_objects","[email protected]",now()+0,"Select,Insert,Update,Delete","");

flush privileges;

Worked for me.

Last edited:

nikhilaress

Registered
Oct 15, 2003
India
Address book contents lost

Thanks, The address book is working fine now.
But it seems that all previous email address in the address book are lost. is it because of table creation or anything else is the reason ?
Please reply as fast as possible. :(

kb9tyc

Feb 24, 2003
Re: one fix for horde addressbook add entry issue

Originally posted by netazoid
From cPanel support...

To correct the problem with the Horde address book not working correctly, you will need to SSH into your server as root, and type "mysql" to get a mysql prompt. Enter the following queries, and your problem should be fixed:

CREATE TABLE horde.turba_objects (object_id varchar(32) PRIMARY KEY,owner_id varchar(255),object_name varchar(255),object_alias varchar(32),object_email varchar(255),object_homeAddress varchar(255),object_workAddress varchar(255),object_homePhone varchar(25),object_workPhone varchar(25),object_cellPhone varchar(25),object_fax varchar(25),object_title varchar(32), object_company varchar(32),object_notes text);

insert into mysql.tables_priv values("%","horde","horde","turba_objects","[email protected]",now()+0,"Select,Insert,Update,Delete","");

flush privileges;

Worked for me.
That is the greatest thing I have came across in a long time!

Yogesh

Registered
Dec 13, 2003
India
Precaution

Hello folks ,

When you use following command using MYSQL, Please carefull because this command deletes all previous contents in address book on server.
You can take the backup of these address temporarily before using command if possible.

Or you may restore the previous contents of address book from backup.

Thanks.:)

kb9tyc

Feb 24, 2003
Re: Precaution

Originally posted by Yogesh
Hello folks ,

When you use follwing command using MYSQL, Please carefull because this command deletes all previous contents in address book on server.
You can take the backup of these address before using command.

Thanks.:)
Not a problem since nobody was able to put anything in there on my server.