The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde Character Encoding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by internetfab, Sep 7, 2005.

1. internetfab

internetfab Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This issue has bugged me since the new version of Horde came out.
    Several users have complained that some of the emails they are receiving look all messed up - although only those with foreign letters in them and it is the foreign letters that are all messed up.
    Then again some email with foreign letters look fine.
    This is all in Internet Explorer.

So I get their username and password for their webmail and check it out myself in Mozilla Firefox - ta daa everything looks perfectly fine.
    Opening the same email in IE6 of course produces the errors our customers have been having. So - I decide to check out the Message Source and click that button in horde. Yes - the text there looks fine as well with all the foreign letters correctly displayed.

Anyone know how to solve this issue? Sure - I could tell everyone to switch to Firefox, but as you know, some customers need help tieing their shoe lacers as well, let alone install a program on their computer.

The foreign language still looks garbled even if the customer has changed language in the options pane of course.