The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde Data Files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kris1351, Dec 19, 2003.

1. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

We recently migrated several users from one server to another and everything went sem-smooth. One thing several have complained about is that their Horde mail is all there and works fine, but their tasks and address books are gone. I have gone through their daily backups and am not finding any files related to this in their directories. So my question is, where is this stored for individual users?

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

I've complained for almost a year about this. The WHM copy account script doesn't transfer Horde settings. You'll want to export the horde database and then import the dump file into the new server. All of the preferences and settings are stored in MySQL.

You may want to manually flush out any entries in the initial dump file not relevant to those customers (we do this keep things clean; also if you happen to have an identical username on the old server and the new server that aren't actually for the same account, you could end up compromising some data by importing in someone else's that match the default account username).