Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Horde disabled - folder exists

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Michaelit, Apr 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Michaelit

Michaelit Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all,
    i noticed today that even if i have disabled Horde web mail from tweak settings, a folder .cphorde is created when i create new account under WHM.

How can i totally remove it?

Thank you in advance

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Michaelit,

This was brought up in the past as part of internal case CPANEL-2004. It was determined to be by-design because it ensures Horde will function properly for each account on the server if an administrator decides to enable Horde again in the future.

Is there a specific reason you prefer to disable the creation of this directory? If it's important to you to delete it, you could setup a custom bash script that deletes the directory, and then configure that script to run automatically during the account creation process using a post "Accounts::Create" hook. Here are some documents to help you get started should you want to set that up:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation
    Guide to Standardized Hooks - Whostmgr Functions - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Additionally, should you decide to enable Horde again in the future, you'd need to remove that hook and then manually run the following command:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/update_horde_config
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michaelit

Michaelit Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you @cPanelMichael for your complete answer.
    I would only prefer to completely remove a technology that it won't be used for now on. Even the configuration folders/files.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @Michaelit,

While we don't provide an option to disable the creation of the .cphorde storage directory automatically, you are welcome to delete it manually, or automatically after the creation of each account through a hook as noted in the previous post.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...