The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde does not allow me to erase e-mails ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by urbanauthentic, Nov 12, 2006.

1. urbanauthentic

urbanauthentic Registered

:confused: Hello forum, I'm not a programmer just a user with a website and a hosting service. I use HORDE as my e-mail manager and recently received a "your e-mail inbox is reaching full capacity" e-mail message, so I logged into horde to delete a few e-mail messages and it just won't allow me to do it. I checked the box to the left of the e-mail message(s) and press delete at the bottom and/or top buttons and nothing. Is this a BUG from Horde, or am I not following the proper procedures to delete e-mails. Help!!! thanks, Jorge

#1 urbanauthentic, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  2. electron33

electron33 Well-Known Member

When your mailbox goes over its quota, you can't delete messages. Increase your quota temporarily and try again.

3. urbanauthentic

urbanauthentic Registered

UID COPY failed: Message copy failed: Disk quota exceeded

HI, thank you for the tip, but I tried going back to the Mail account Maintenance and tried changing the quota for each e-mail address and I got this: " The e-mail account info@urbanauthentic.com was successfully modified. Write Failed: Disk Quota Exceeded" Should the company that is hosting my website actually allocate more memory for me ? or is it a function in Cpanel that I'm overlooking. One step closer though :eek:

4. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

more then likely, your overall alloted disc quota my have been exceeded which affects your email accounts too. you would need to have your hosting provider check your disc quota and increase it or remove unneccessary files in your account /home/<username>/* that aren't needed like old log files, etc.,

Hope this my help.

Mickalo