Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde editor shows limited options

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by amitsonkhiya, Nov 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. amitsonkhiya

amitsonkhiya Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I am trying to compose email in HTML format and for this I have enabled html composition in Horde.
    My issue is I can't get all HTML editor tools (default 3 rows html options). I can see only limited options to compose HTML just in one row.

Please check attachments current.png (left thumbnail, which currently I have) and expected.png (right thumbnail, which I need to be there actually). Where can I enable all HTML composition option in WYSIWYG HTML editor?
    - Removed -
    Thank

#1 amitsonkhiya, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you attach the images directly to the post as attachments?

Thank you.

3. amitsonkhiya

amitsonkhiya Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I tried to edit the post after publishing but was getting error. At the moment I couldn't find option to edit post (TOOLS just have report link) so attaching two images as reply. Left thumbnail, which currently I have and right thumbnail, which I need to be there actually. . Where can I enable all HTML composition option in WYSIWYG HTML editor?

current.png expected.png

WHM and cPanel version: 60.0.24

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The removal of those options by default stems from an upstream change from Horde in the default prefs.php file:

History for imp/config/prefs.php - horde/horde · GitHub

You can revert this change by editing the /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/config/prefs.php file. Look for the following section:

Code:
    // The list of buttons to show in CKeditor
    // See http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/Developers_Guide/Toolbar for
    // details on configuration
    $_prefs['ckeditor_buttons'] = array(
        'value' => "[['Bold','Italic','Underline'],['Font','FontSize'],['TextColor','BGColor'],['Cut','Copy','Paste'],['Undo','Redo'],['Link','Unlink'],['Image','Table','Smiley','SpecialChar']]",
        // Very basic set of buttons:
        // 'value' => "['Bold','Italic','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Link','Unlink']",
        // More advanced set of buttons (default for IMP < 6.2):
        // 'value' => "[['Source','Maximize','-','Templates'],['Cut','Copy','Paste'],['Undo','Redo','-','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat'],'/',['NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent','Blockquote'],['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock'],['Link','Unlink'],['Image','Flash','Table','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar'],'/',['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize'],['Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','-','Subscript','Superscript'],['TextColor','BGColor']]",
    );

$_prefs['signature_expanded'] = array(
        'value' => 0,
        'type' => 'implicit',
    );
    You'd disable the first "value" entry and enable the last value entry so it would look like this:

Code:
    // The list of buttons to show in CKeditor
    // See http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/Developers_Guide/Toolbar for
    // details on configuration
    $_prefs['ckeditor_buttons'] = array(
        // 'value' => "[['Bold','Italic','Underline'],['Font','FontSize'],['TextColor','BGColor'],['Cut','Copy','Paste'],['Undo','Redo'],['Link','Unlink'],['Image','Table','Smiley','SpecialChar']]",
        // Very basic set of buttons:
        // 'value' => "['Bold','Italic','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Link','Unlink']",
        // More advanced set of buttons (default for IMP < 6.2):
        'value' => "[['Source','Maximize','-','Templates'],['Cut','Copy','Paste'],['Undo','Redo','-','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat'],'/',['NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent','Blockquote'],['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock'],['Link','Unlink'],['Image','Flash','Table','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar'],'/',['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize'],['Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','-','Subscript','Superscript'],['TextColor','BGColor']]",
    );

$_prefs['signature_expanded'] = array(
        'value' => 0,
        'type' => 'implicit',
    );
    Then, save the file. Note that this file is overwritten by default when cPanel updates, so you'd have to develop a custom bash script that automatically makes this change, and then configure it to run after each cPanel update. Information on how to make custom scripts run after cPanel updates (upcp) is available at:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation
    Guide to Standardized Hooks - System Functions - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

5. amitsonkhiya

amitsonkhiya Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi

Thank you to provide me right direction. The first part is easy to me while second one (bash script) needs some reading & understanding before.

However I will implement and write if I need more information.

Thanks

cPanelMichael likes this.