Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Horde Email Not Working as Expected

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Harris_S, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Harris_S

Harris_S Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, hope someone can help. I am based in Cape Town, my webmail is based in the USA.

I can login to Webmail and I am offered a choice of using Horde, Cube or Squirrel.
    Cube displays correctly but I cannot open the two others. I receive a message: "This site can’t be reached webmail.xxx.com took too long to respond".

I have tried via Chrome and Opera (latest versions). I have the same problem trying to access via VPN (USA and UK). I have tried from my home office and work office (different internet providers) as well as mobile.

My Webmail provider is unable to resolve the issue.
    Any ideas please?

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Harris_S

Do you have root access to the server? It sounds like there's a server issue loading Roundcube and I'd like to know if you can access the logs.

If you do have access It would be helpful to see the output of /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log and /var/log/maillog when the issue occurs.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Harris_S

Harris_S Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am not an expert programmer, so I am not sure.
    I would suspect that I do not have root access to the server for I am sharing the server with other clients of the company (SiteGround).
    How would I know or test whether I have?

4. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Harris_S

You would have been given your root password as well as instructions on how to access the server via WHM if you don't have these you most likely don't have root access.

Your provider would need to obtain the logs (siteground) If they're unable to resolve the issue I would suggest that you request they open a ticket with us so that we can look into the issue further.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Harris_S

Harris_S Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for the clarification. The website tells me "WHM access is only available for customers using https://www.provider.com/cloud-hosting.htm and https://www.provider.com/dedicated-hosting.htm accounts."
    I therefore have no access. I tried to resolve the issue through 'live chat' and the techie was not able to help resolve the issue, hence me turning to cPanel for help.

I will follow your advice and open a ticket. It is possible that that will be more helpful. I was hoping that cPanel audience would have a possible fix thinking it may have been a problem on my side, but you have guided me to consider the problem may be on theirs.

#5 Harris_S, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
  6. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Harris_S

The problem is, you'd need to have root access to the server in order to open a ticket with us. If you're on shared hosting this issue is something that you would not be able to resolve as you don't have access to the system. If you're on shared hosting it's possible you're not the only one experiencing the issue as well. What I would suggest doing is open a ticket with your provider, explain the issue (provide screenshots if possible) and if they're unsure how to resolve it suggest they open a ticket with us to look into the issue further.

Thanks!

7. Harris_S

Harris_S Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for the help and the advice, much appreciated! I will open a ticket and see what they can do.

8. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Harris_S

That sounds like a good plan, please let us know if they identify the cause of the issue and are able to resolve it and don't hesitate to post here if you have any other questions or concerns. We'll do our best to help resolve your issue or get you headed in the right direction.

Thanks!