The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde error when deleting emails on only 1 account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by paulm, May 16, 2006.

1. paulm

paulm Well-Known Member

Today I noticed that when I tried to delete a message through horde I get the following error:

I checked all mail permissions, tried rebuilding horde and also did a upcp for the whole system hoping it may fix the issue. The issue is only with one account all other old and new accounts in cPanel login and delete in horde fine. I also check and this one account can delete messages fine in neomail and squirrelmail so it seems to just be a horde issue.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

2. Cristian99

Cristian99 Active Member

Hi
    control if there is trash box

3. carock

carock Well-Known Member

Dude, 7 words or less... It took mne a few minutes to figure out wtf you're talking about.

Let me elaborate.

For that user, go to their Option tree on the left, and click the Mail link under it.

In the right pane, click "Deleting and Moving Messages"

There was some negative logic in my user's settings. The checkbox "When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder instead of marking them as deleted?" was selected, but the Trash folder below it was set to None.

I had my user select a trash folder and his problem went away. I would also assume if you unchecked the move message option, it would also make the error go away.

Thanks for the hint :)

Chuck