The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horde errors on Macintosh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bking, Feb 3, 2005.

1. bking

bking Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a client who has advised the latest horde install is suffering from a few display errors when used on a Mac. I only have access to one Mac, so cannot test all that much.

The problems they are having is, if logging in for the first time, it asks the language. In Netscape this is all garbled. If using IE, you can select the language and continue, but the menu at the top, rather than being accross the top, is in a vertical line.

These are not reproducible on a PC.

I have only tested with IE5 and netscape 4.5 on the MAC (os8.xx).

Does anyone have a MAC they can test horde and see if they see any display errors?

Thanks

2. cretu

cretu Well-Known Member

Hi,

Our users also are reporting the problems with Mac based machines and browsers IE 5.5 and FireFox 1 (ran on Macs).

Cretu.

3. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hmmm...

I just tested using current versions of Safari and Firefox, running on current MacOSX. No problems at all. Everything looks and behaves fine.

BTW... I'm pretty sure IE for Mac was at 5.2.3 when MS dropped all development on IE for Mac. This was maintenance releases of 5.x.x series. It never made it to 5.5 on Mac, but the 5.x.x series on Mac had features not seen til 5.5 or 6.x on Windows, and vice versa.

regards

4. eos1

eos1 Well-Known Member

I only use Mac and SquirrelMail.
    2 years ago, I tested Horde but many problems. since then I don't use Horde at all. :)

SquirrelMail is simple and the best. :D