Horde - Failed to Parse Time String

Gregory Opera

Member
May 26, 2017
10
2
78
Queensland, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
So I made a minor change to a recurring (ongoing) calendar appointment - specifically, I changed a single word in the "description" field and elected to have that change reflected on all future occurrences... But now all of my calendar appointments have disappeared, and under "Upcoming Events" on the main page of Horde, it says:
Failed to parse time string (-1-11-29 14:00:00)

When I try to re-add events to the calendar, they do not show up at all and the error above still shows under "Upcoming Events"... But I *think* the events are still actually being added to the calendar, because I still received an e-mail saying that it was added to my calendar, even though I cannot actually "see" the event in my calendar.

I rely on my calendar pretty heavily, so any help getting this sorted out would be greatly appreciated...
 

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
47,913
2,205
363
Hello,

Can you try modifying the date format in Horde's preferences from DD/MO/YY to MO/DD/YY to see if it solves the issue?

Thank you.
 

Gregory Opera

Member
May 26, 2017
10
2
78
Queensland, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Under Global Preferences (Horde-->gear icon-->Global Preferences-->Locale and Time)?

I changed the "abbreviated date" format between both of the types you mentioned, and a couple of others... I did the same with the "full format" dates. Frustratingly, it made no difference.

Also, when I try to access my calendar now, it's trying to do its monthly "cleanup" thing and tells me:
Failed to parse time string (-1-11-29 14:00:00)

Details have been logged for the administrator.


But I spent quite a bit of time poking around in cPanel and I could not find any logs which mentioned the "calendar" component of Horde, or these errors... I even spent some time manually going through the directories on my domain and downloading individual logs to see if there was anything about this error, but none of them seemed to refer to this issue.
 

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
47,913
2,205
363
Hello,

The Horde logs are located at the following location for each account:

Code:
/home/username/.cphorde/horde.log
That said, feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.
 

Gregory Opera

Member
May 26, 2017
10
2
78
Queensland, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
That said, feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look.
It doesn't look like I am able to open a support ticket via that process, as if I am not mistaken, I am not able to login to the WHM via root (only my domain host is)... I did however, find the log (how did I miss this the first time around?).

The error message is there, multiple times and it is the same every time (except for the time/date stamp at the start, of course):
2018-03-01T07:46:15+10:00 EMERG: HORDE [kronolith] Failed to parse time string (-1-11-29 14:00:00) [pid 456861 on line 388 of "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/56/lib/php/Horde/Date.php"]
 

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
47,913
2,205
363
Hello,

You'd need to reach out to your web hosting provider to have them troubleshoot that error message, as it's difficult to know for sure what the problem is without root access to investigate.

Thank you.
 

Gregory Opera

Member
May 26, 2017
10
2
78
Queensland, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

You'd need to reach out to your web hosting provider to have them troubleshoot that error message, as it's difficult to know for sure what the problem is without root access to investigate.

Thank you.
My host has apparently escalated it to you guys (as in cPanel - not necessarily the forum members), so hopefully everyone will work out what's going on an offer a fix sometime soon...

Thanks for all your help, though.

--

Update: All fixed. It looks like the minor change (to the "description" field) I made to a recurring event caused the database to be corrupted in some way... The only way to fix it was to revert to a week-old (SQL) backup file, but it's all fixed now.

Once again, thanks anyway.
 
Last edited: