The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde Global Address Book?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rghering, Jul 11, 2007.

1. rghering

rghering Registered

Does anyone know how to get this working? I know horde has global address book capabilities, but I cannot see how to set it up on a cpanel box for one of my users. As well I need this to be a per domain thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Ryan
    Plains.Net

2. User767

User767 Registered

Did you ever find a solution for this? If so, I'd be very interested, as this is something we haven't been able to figure out yet.

3. fsfcu

fsfcu Registered

Solution

Hey, my name is Ben Stone. Please do this solution at your own risk, and anyone else who reads this, feel free to expand upon it and add advice.

Here's how you do global address books:

1 - Make sure turba is installed on your server. Turba gives you address book functionality. You can either check to see if its installed by going into horde, or by SSHing to the server and checking the following path:

/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/

you should see a turba folder within /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/ indicating that you indeed have turba installed.

Next go to /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/turba/config and

pico sources.php

Add the following near the bottom and make sure you adjust your commas for the line items:

'use_shares' => true

2 - Create a general email address under your domain like admin@yourdomain.com

3 - Log into horde @ yourdomain.com/webmail

4 - Click on Address Books on the left, then My Address Books. Under edit address books, find your address book and hit permissions. Here you can set the permissions for others to view it. BE VERY CAREFUL HERE!! Make sure you realize the extent of what you are doing when you globally share your contacts. Every account will be able to see these.

4. estelsysadmin

estelsysadmin Registered

Hi Ben just tel me from where we can find turba and how to install it if it is not install in the system

Waiting for your responce

Regards
    Sysadmin