The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horde/imp - where is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carperman, Sep 24, 2002.

1. carperman

carperman Well-Known Member

Hello, i have upgraded to latest version of whm/cpanel but i cannot find horde/imp, when i load webmail i still see NeoMail and Uebimiau mail!!!

Do i have to run any other scripts to get this working?

cheers

2. randy

randy Member

same problem

I have the same problem... cpanel says updating but I dont actually see the updates when i log into the control panel. All that changes is the version number for the control panel...

3. 4web-space

4web-space Member

same problem here using bluelagoon

4. carperman

Come cpanel guys, this is supposed to be in the upgrade and is not, i would call this a big problem!!!

5. CGarson

CGarson Well-Known Member

It's not a big problem. Just bluelagoon (I think this is the problem) needs to be updated as a theme.

6. ecoutez

ecoutez Well-Known Member

FYI - It's been updated as of Edge release 127. Seems it wasn't possible to get this working until the PATH_INFO bug was sorted out...
    [quote:41e2af3805]
    Wed Sep 25 01:52:55 EDT 2002
    5.x Build#127
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

fix a bug with setting the PATH_INFO for horde so css works
    ok with the cpaneld server

update default themes to have webmaillogin.html include horde
    and remove ubiiiiie

update the api call that produces the pop mail grid to point to
    webmaillogin.html instead of neomail.pl
    [/quote:41e2af3805]

I guess your choice is either update to an Edge version, or wait until this makes its way into a Release edition.

- Jason

7. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

[quote:8bc6492dcc][i:8bc6492dcc]Originally posted by ecoutez[/i:8bc6492dcc]

I guess your choice is either update to an Edge version, or wait until this makes its way into a Release edition.

- Jason[/quote:8bc6492dcc]
    How do you update to an Edge version?

8. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

Check out the multi-panel Horde here:

http://atifghaffar.com/sections/softwares/horde/impmp/

Can we have this?

Surprisingly, we can't do these in Horde:

1. Can't send HTML email.

2. Can't select a record from the addressbook while writing an email if the record has just an email address and no name.

3. Can't delete the addressbook records in multiples, or in one swoop.

4. Can't delete the addressbook records from spreadsheet view.

5. Can't insert the sender's address in the addressbook while viewing the message - as in Neomail.

6. Can't import email addresses in the same sorting order as in the CSV file.

7. Can't sort names or email addresses after importing a list of contacts.

8. Can't directly insert contacts from the addressbook to Bcc or Cc boxes.

I'll keep adding to this list .... ;)

9. carperman

why could this not have be said earlier?

little things like keeping us up to speed on issues make a big difference.

10. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:180c892800][i:180c892800]Originally posted by carperman[/i:180c892800]

why could this not have be said earlier?

little things like keeping us up to speed on issues make a big difference.[/quote:180c892800]

If you want to know exactly whats going on read the ChangeLog on layer1.cpanel.net

11. AlaskanWolf

AlaskanWolf Well-Known Member

a user is having issues unable to login to horde, he gets past the prompt u/p but cant get past the welcome to horde

his using his full email as the user and still nothing

any1 know of a fix?

12. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:ad05e2e553][i:ad05e2e553]Originally posted by AlaskanWolf[/i:ad05e2e553]

a user is having issues unable to login to horde, he gets past the prompt u/p but cant get past the welcome to horde

his using his full email as the user and still nothing

any1 know of a fix?[/quote:ad05e2e553]

Do you have imapd running ?

13. AlaskanWolf

AlaskanWolf Well-Known Member

To fix i did the following

ran upcp
    ran convertemail5 (or whatever its called..for 2nd time)
    rebooted
    and was able to login OK

not sure what i did, but it seemed to fix itself or something i did fixed it

14. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

Alright, I hope it's ok to add onto this with another imp issue. I don't want to open up another thread for it as I know how annoying it can be to have 8 threads open for one part of the system. Right... onto the problem.

Logged into cpanel, went to the mail section, clicked on the webmail link, chose horde, got:
    Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/../config/registry.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Registry.php on line 93

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/lang.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Lang.php on line 69

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/lang.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Lang.php on line 69

Logging in through www.domain.com:2095 or www.domain.com/webmail/ works fine (even the url in the add/remove accounts section for sub-accounts works), just not the link in the mail section at the top that says &Webmail&

15. FWC

FWC Well-Known Member

[quote:337da1be9c][i:337da1be9c]Originally posted by JustinK[/i:337da1be9c]

Alright, I hope it's ok to add onto this with another imp issue. I don't want to open up another thread for it as I know how annoying it can be to have 8 threads open for one part of the system. Right... onto the problem.

Logged into cpanel, went to the mail section, clicked on the webmail link, chose horde, got:
    Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/../config/registry.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Registry.php on line 93

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/config/lang.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/') in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Lang.php on line 69[/quote:337da1be9c]

I got that error and refreshed the page and it worked. It was a one time error.

16. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

Took me 3 refreshes. A little hard to convince the clients to refresh, even harder for them to convince their own clients. :)

17. carperman

[quote:d81c69fbab]If you want to know exactly whats going on read the ChangeLog on layer1.cpanel.net[/quote:d81c69fbab]

Confused, you use the whm news to tell me that you have now upgraded to horde/imp but you don't tell me there is a bug and it won't work with blue lagoon theme, i then think something is badly wrong with my system and start posting to support groups.

Seems to me it would easier to let users know there is a problem when you tell them you are going change or add something in cpanel: or are there too many bugs to do this? ;)