The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde Login Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pfmartin, Oct 17, 2002.

1. pfmartin

pfmartin Well-Known Member

I created a new account. The main control panel user can login to horde without problems (i.e. the user without the @domain.com extension).

Then I try to login to a POP account I created. This time login fails with:

[quote:0bbd743f3d]Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was entered incorrectly.[/quote:0bbd743f3d]

The error message in the horde.log file says:

[quote:0bbd743f3d]Oct 17 09:49:07 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX to localhost:143[imap/notls] as user@domain.com [on line 270 of &/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php&] [/quote:0bbd743f3d]

Any idea why this would be??

2. pfmartin

After further investigation, it turns out that some accounts on our server are not able to login to imap while other can.

This domain in particular that I am referring to can login with no problems using the main control panel username. But any add-on accounts are not able to login with imap. Does anybody know why this would be?

Is there some file that says &enable Imap on these domains...& or something like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. pfmartin

Finally figured it out

In case this helps someone.

Go to /etc/vmail

Run this:

find . -type l -follow 2&&1 | cut -d: -f2 | sed s/\ //g

Any files that show are broken links. You have the fix these links in order for the imap login to work. A broken link means the files are pointing to non existant files. Anyhow, this fixed it for me.