The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde MySQL queries causing huge load

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bravo, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I've had problems with high load surges on one of my servers running Stable 16789. As the server is cruising along nicely with a load between 0.5-2.0 during peak times, the load would suddenly shoot up to 30+ and it would stay there for 10-15 minutes bringing everything to a halt.

After watching the server for a few days, it turned out that the culprit was some mysql queries by Horde:
    Code:
    | 4037 | horde            | localhost | horde                   | Query   | 27   | statistics | SELECT session_data FROM horde_sessionhandler WHERE session_id = '3bb6e548c6b7b88ab26c50526b5b2eaf'  |
    There were other similar queries that said update or updating instead of statistics. Every time these queries ran, the server load would shoot skyhigh.

I ran /scripts/fullhordereset but it did not fix it so I disabled Horde in WHM > Tweak settings.

Any ideas why this is happening or how to fix it? I haven't seen it on other servers.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Any messages in your logs about it as it happens?