The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horde: no mail showing up

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by pphillips, Oct 19, 2004.

1. pphillips

pphillips Well-Known Member

I've searched the forums here and found information about no mail showing up in horde, but nothing worked. The problem I am having with Horde is that after I change an accounts domain name horde stops working. I can log into horde, but there is no mail there, yet if I use a mail client such as Outlook Express, I can then download the mail. I'm pretty sure this problem was caused by changing the domain name for an account, as it does not affect any other users on the server, only the one I changed. Any ideas?

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you logging into Horde after logging into Cpanel? That will make sure you are using the same ID & PW as Cpanel. Otherwise, check to make sure the ID & PW used to access Horde are the same as used in the eMail program -- Outlook Express.

3. pphillips

I log into horde by going to the domain.com/webmail and entering the email address and password. Neomail works, but horde shows no mail. It's the same username and password used with Outlook Express. I've also ran the horde fix scripts, to no avail.

4. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

What version of cPanel?

5. pphillips

9.9.3-current 16

6. jblack

jblack Member

Hello,

This problem occurs when the site is transferred from a different server, and both servers have different paths to home directory.

e.g If the old server path was /home2/username/ and new server home dir is /home/username/, horde and squirrelmail will not display mails.
    An easy way to check this is, go to squirrelmail. Squirrelmail will display the error "permission denied"

Solution: is to change the path of inbox at /home/username/etc/passwd file

7. pphillips

Ah ha! That makes sense, except the account wasn't transfered from a different server. The domain name was just changed. Thanks!!

8. SonServers

SonServers Well-Known Member

I had the same issue today too. Customer had us change his domain from a .net to a .com and then none of the three webmail clients would read the right inbox for the new .com address. Actually, under Horde, we could find it buy going to the selection in the top right corner and picking the right directory.

I deleted everything under his /home/user/mail directory. He then delted and recreated his email accounts in Cpanel and all is well again. There is probably a better/easier solution, but he only had a couple email addresses set up so it was pretty easy for him to recreate the accounts.

Scott