The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horde not filtering email at login

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by RMensch, May 11, 2003.

1. RMensch

RMensch Registered

Hosting a domain with ArteryPlanet.net, using WHM 6.2.0, cPanel 6.4.0-R19, RedHat 7.3, have a few email users on Horde.

Have defined filters, and when on the Filters page we press the "Apply All Rules" button, the filters work just fine.

On the filters options page, have checked on execution of filters at login time, and at refresh.

Filters do not activate at login time. If 20 new emails are received, all 20 are in inbox. We have to go to the filters page and click the Apply button to move the 18 spam to the probable spam folder.

Is this a known problem, and/or something we can fix as a user on a shared server?

Thanks for any/all help.

Bob Menschel

2. Silverado

Silverado Well-Known Member

3. RMensch

RMensch Registered

Thanks for the link. The refresh icon does activate the filter rules. It's still a manual process, but at least it's one click and not four clicks and page loads.

Since I'm a user and not a server admin, I can't submit a bug report directly. I'll point my server admin to this thread and ask them to do it in a few days, unless someone has a better idea.

Bob Menschel

4. Silverado

You can set the rules to apply when you initially log in as well... but it only works if they log out every time they log in.

5. RMensch

RMensch Registered

I've been unable to make the automatic apply at login work. I've logged into the email account via Horde, logged out, logged into a different account, logged out, logged back into the first, logged out, logged back into the first, and none of this seems to activate the rules at login.

Is there something else that I should be doing to reset the login/logout flag to get these filters to run at login time?

(The option to run at login is checked on the options screen.)

Thanks again.

Bob Menschel

6. Silverado

Hi Bob,
    We have ours set to automatically go to a specified folder once you log in. http://ultimateinbox.com you can try it there and send a test message. Look over how we set it up. Could just be a bug in that account though. Horde is great... but sometimes a little buggy with certain browsers... Maybe I should say certain browsers are buggy with Horde though. :)